Bank Of Ottawa
Amalgamated by the Bank of Hamilton
Located in what was in 1911,
the west section of Perry's Hardware
the main part was built in 1907.
June 20, 1913
Bank opens with S. M. Shannon Manager
who came from Tisdale Sask..
Established in 1874
by a group of Ottawa Valley
lumber industry pioneers
Dec 4, 1924- Mr. L. I. Armitage, who was a
of the Union Bank in Estevan heard a noise,
coming from the coal chute, and when
he investigated at the staircase to the basement,
he seen a man pointing a gun at him.
He immediately rushed to the front door,
where he notified passers by of the robbery.
Police were summoned but no one was found.
Union Bank of Canada
Located just east of the Wicklow Center.
Started in 1865 as the
Union Bank of Lower Canada
located in Quebec City.
1886 changed name to
Union Bank of Canada
Moved Head offices to Winnipeg in 1912.
Mar 1917, James Cavers
of the Union Bank of Canada
in Estevan, and he sent $62.00
from the Woodend Patriotic Fund
which he said was a rural organization
in the Woodend School District
to the Belgian Relief fund.
1911 he was Bank Manager in Battleford SK
b- Oct 10, 1883 in RM of Rockwood, MB
d- Jan 12, 1971
buried in Old Regina Cemetery, N of Regina.
Mother- Frances Jane Vincent
Father- John Cavers
Father, Mother married ca1878 in Canada
James married Isabella Houston,
Aug 1, 1911 in Victoria BC
Had one child,
Winona Houston Cavers
b- Oct 23, 1920 in Estevan SK
d- ? Stoney Creek, ON
On 1 March 1882, James Cavers Sr.
opened a Post Office and named it Deloraine, MB
after his home in Scotland.
Alexander E. F. MacLean- Manager, res 3rd st
Mary McNie, Stenographer, res 917 3rd st
John Miller, clerk, res 3rd st
Henry W. Smith, Ledger, res 11th ave
SE Corner 4th St and 12th Ave
Bank of Hamilton
1138 4th st.
now the CIBC (2009)
This building was built in 1910.
Bank of Hamilton was established
in Hamilton, ON, in 1872
by Local businessmen.
The boarding house for the
Dominion Coal Mine
just west of Estevan
was moved here to this lot
after the mine closed.
When this Bank was built in 1910
it was moved from this lot
to 1121 3rd st. and became
a funeral home there.
Mr. C. A. Kerr
was a teller at this bank
and left to return to his home at Gladstone
when he had heart trouble.
Mr. Basil Williams from Moose Jaw
replaced Mr. Kerr.
probably this is Clifford Andrew Kerr
d- June 24, 1917
District of Thunder Bay,
Division of Fort William
ON, age 25
father- John Kerr
mother- Jane Mcconnell
Bank of Hamilton,
1140 4th st.
Osman N. Johnston, Manager, res 4th st
Russell W. Hall, Ledger Keeper, res 4th st
Isabell McKay, Stenographer, res 614 Valley St
Ewart Reid, Collection Clerk, res 1217 3rd st
Ernest Shannon, Accountant, res 2nd st
Noel A. Stuart, Teller, res 1221 2nd st
NW Corner of
12th Ave. on 5th st.
Showing Davie's Block, 1201 5th st.
Had many uses,
but one was Dominion Land Titles Office.
Built by Dr. Daniel Ross Davies.
He was 40 years old in 1906 census.
Housed the Elite Cafe at one time.
Also Bank of British North America,
which later became Bank of Montreal.
Built by Mr. John Phillips
Also known as the Rae Block.
then became the Glasser Block.
It was built prior to 1903.
Aug 10, 1905
Inspector Mr. Winters
of the Bank of British North America visits
The B.B.N.A. was founded in 1836
by a group of British Capitalists.
view Aug 2009
Bank of Montreal,
1201 5th st.
George W. Hutchins- Manager, res 1403 2nd st
Robert T. Barrow- Teller
Michael S. Feist, District Clerk, res 4th st
Fred L. Goodman, Accountant, res 813 3rd st
Sidney R. Kitching, Ledger, res 1233 2nd st
Tena Vaughn, Stenographer, res 1114 3rd st
Annie Young, Ledger, res Valley